Sr. Python Developer - Data Services Team
We’re creating a new kind of helpdesk right here in St. Louis - and we need a Sr. Developer to drive Capacity forward. Sound like you? Read on.
We are seeking a Sr. Developer to join our growing team! This person will have the opportunity to architect and build robust features within a collaborative environment to solve the business needs of the company.
- Architect and build robust, scalable solutions in Python
- Improve code quality through unit tests, code reviews and automation
- Collaborate with a multidisciplinary team of software engineers, machine-learning engineers, devops engineers and product managers.
- Participate in brainstorming sessions; contribute and provide feedback to team members.
Capacity team members enjoy the opportunity and benefits of working at an early-stage artificial intelligence startup. The culture at Capacity encourages innovation, independent problem solving, and collaboration as we continue to mature our product in the ever-changing world of AI.
We have great benefits:
- Employer-paid health care
- Stock Options
- Unlimited vacation time
- Short term disability
- Casual and diverse workplace
You are motivated by:
- Quality of Work - You are motivated by doing great work.
- Hard Work - Energized to join a startup and the hours that entails, not a 9-5 job.
- Low Ego - You care about winning, not who gets the credit, and push yourself to challenge your assumptions.
- Being Proactive - You take initiative on your own.
- High Achievement - You keep score.
- Teamwork - Willingness to collaborate
- 5+ years of work experience
- Proficient in Python
- Experience building REST APIs
- Relational Database design skills (MySQL)
- Version control and Git workflow
- Experience with all phases of software development in an Agile environment
Even better if you have:
- Experience using a Python framework (Flask preferred)
- Experience using AWS, Kubernetes, Docker
- This role reports to an Engineering Manager, and provides a lot of autonomy within a flat hierarchy.
Come prepared to demonstrate your initiative, intuition and results from whatever you’ve been working on in the past. Tell us what inspires you. Be ready to tell us a story of your proudest dev moment.