Capacity is building an artificial intelligence platform to transform the modern workforce. Our AI platform puts the power of Artificial Intelligence to work for businesses. It allows team members to access what they need to know when they need to know it - via help desk automation, workflows and a robust knowledge base.
Capacity engineers enjoy the opportunity and benefits of working at an early-stage artificial intelligence startup, but in an environment much more akin to a later stage company given the experience of the founding team. The culture at Capacity encourages innovation, independent problem solving, and collaboration as we continue to mature our product in the ever-changing work of AI.
Capacity is funded by the EQUITY.com incubator. As part of our dedication to the St. Louis community, Capacity is partnered with Create a Loop, a nonprofit focused on teaching kids computer science.
We are seeking a Product Designer to join our growing team! Design at Capacity is user-centered, and our work is rooted in empathy for our users and customers. Our Product Designer will be expected to work cross-functionally with designers, product managers, and engineers to define, design, and deploy products that help our customers automate their workflows and empower their support teams.
- Define the experiences within the end-to-end journey of Workflow automation and Conversation building
- Become an expert on various user personas, and champion the needs of the user to the larger org
- Own the design process and partner closely with cross-functional peers like product managers, tech leads, engineers, and business stakeholders to drive clarity around strategy and alignment on solutions
- Collaborate with other product designers with feedback during critiques and thoughtful contributions to the design team at large
- Structure and conduct outcomes-driven user research and usability testing
- Design visually compelling experiences and contribute to the Capacity design system
- Employer-paid health care
- Stock Options
- Unlimited Vacation Policy
- Dental Coverage
- Casual and diverse workplace
- 401K with no current match
- Energized to join a startup
- Excited to mentor more junior developers
- Good at problem selection, problem solving, and course correcting
- Focused on best practices
- Highly pragmatic and collaborative
- 3+ years of work experience
- Concrete examples of designing and shipping web and mobile interfaces
- Ability to think through complex systems
- Ability to translate requirements, goals, and research into simple and useful UI
- Mastery of design tools like Sketch, Invision, and Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience with user research and prototyping
- A general understanding of HTML/CSS
Even better if you have:
- Illustration and animation experience
- Experience coding prototypes with HTML/CSS
- You will report directly to the Sr. Director of Design.