Part Time Data Labeler
We’re creating a new kind of helpdesk right here in St. Louis - and we need a data labeler to drive Capacity forward. Sound like you? Read on.
The data labeler will work with the Natural Language Processing Research & Data team to improve the quality of conversational and text data. It is important for this role to understand how the conversations and texts will be used and interpreted by non-technical end users. The work will be part time and hourly, approximately 20-30 hours per week.
- Generating realistic variations of English text, sentences, and conversations
- Simulating a user of a chatbot in various contexts
- Auditing chatbot skills and conversations
- Cleaning related data in spreadsheets and similar data stores (e.g. grammar, spelling, relevance)
- Categorizing and labelling user inquiries and conversations (e.g. answering “Was this question about Benefits or Hours of Operation?” or “Was this user angry, happy, or neutral?”
- Reporting on progress and state of above data activities
Capacity team members enjoy the opportunity and benefits of working at an early-stage artificial intelligence startup, but with leaders who’ve worked at places like Apple, Bayer, Answers.com, Oracle, Boeing, and many more world-class companies. The culture at Capacity encourages innovation, independent problem solving, and collaboration as we continue to mature our product in the ever-changing world of AI.
You are motivated by:
- Quality of Work - You are motivated by doing great work.
- Hard Work - Energized to join a startup and the hours that entails, not a 9-5 job.
- Low Ego - You care about winning, not who gets the credit, and push yourself to challenge your assumptions.
- Being Proactive - You take initiative on your own.
- High Achievement - You keep score.
- Teamwork - Willingness to collaborate.
- The ability to read a spreadsheet
- The ability to type into a spreadsheet
- Familiarity with online tools and portals
- Are not afraid to fail
- A knack for dotting the i’s and crossing the t’s – you are driven by correctness and love it when everything is nice and in order
- The ability to play on a team – Being aware that certain timelines and tasks may affect the rest of the team if they are not met
- You will report into the BI team
Come prepared to demonstrate your initiative, intuition and results from whatever you’ve been working on in the past. Tell us what inspires you. Show us what you’ve been up to and we will do the same!