Marketing Automation and Operations Manager
The Marketing Automation & Operations Manager will be responsible for managing and optimizing the technical aspects of Marketo and Salesforce as well as various 3rd party platforms. In addition, the Marketing Automation & Operations Manager will assist in creating a data-driven path that helps define, track, and assess the strategic plan. This includes but is not limited to campaign and lead management, data hygiene, analytics, etc. If you are a problem solver with a positive personality and a track record of being a team player, read on.
You will be held accountable for maintaining our marketing tech stack. You will make sure everything is working in concert and thus enabling the other marketing teams for success. You will also be held accountable for ensuring the marketing organization has accurate and up to date reporting. Finally you will work with the Sales team to ensure all leads from all marketing activities are accounted for and delivered.
This is an individual contributor role with dotted lines to key functions of our business. As our company grows this will be an opportunity for you to grow into a player coach with a small team, and then eventually the opportunity to lead a larger marketing operations team.
Collaboration: The Marketing Operations Manager will work closely with marketing, sales, sales operations, and the executive team to ensure that our marketing operation is as efficient as possible. This includes helping run tests in areas such as paid lead generation, and working with the VP of Marketing to identify new sources of leads.
Marketing Reporting: Create actionable dashboards and daily reporting on all marketing functions, from web visits through the lead lifecycle and tying the pipeline activity back to marketing. Reporting needs to be pulled and consolidated from all sources (google, marketo, paid sources, etc). You will be in charge of setting up all the mechanisms to enable this reporting.
Lead Management: You will be responsible for cleaning and importing any lead lists with the goal of at least ⅔ to match. You will also be responsible for creating and maintaining the lead flow from visitor to SAL.This includes, but is not limited to, lead scoring, lifecycle reporting, and lead routing. This role requires the ability to create and maintain API connections with various lead sources and Marketo. Working with Sales Operations will be key as no leads in our sales cycle should have unknown sources.
Campaign Management: The Marketing Operations Manager is responsible for making sure all campaigns are properly setup. This means our naming conventions are coherent and consistent. It means working with each marketing team to ensure everyone is using the proper campaign setup. This includes segmenting marketing lists and creating all the automated marketing campaigns around those lists.
Marketing Operations: You will own our marketing tech stack. You will come up with recommendations to make our tech stack more efficient. Data tracking and integrity is also your responsibility. You will have to work with the VP of Marketing, the Director of Content Marketing, and the Director of Sales Operations to ensure that all data tracking and management is working properly. You will enable marketing sub teams with the tools and information they need to be successful. Finally the administration of split testing will be a key goal of yours. You will need to analyze, strategize and make recommendations on ways to improve conversion rates across digital marketing channels.
You Are Motivated by:
- Quality of Work - you are motivated by doing great work
- Hard Work - Energized to join a startup and the hours that entails, not a 9-5 job.
- Low Ego - you care about winning, not who gets the credit
- Being Proactive - you take initiative on your own
- High Achievement - you keep score
- 5+ years of total marketing operations and automation experience, preferably in B2B marketing teams.
- Experience and familiarity with Marketo.
- Knowledge of Salesforce to help you ensure Marketo and Salesforce are synced properly.
- Marketo Certification.
- A deep understanding of how to execute successful split tests.
- A history of being both creative and data driven.
- Proficiency with Google Analytics.
- Advanced understanding of marketing KPIs and how to build reports around those KPIs.
- A well developed understanding of the buying journey.
- You have effectively communicated brand values to discerning customers.
- What it takes to work well with fast-paced decisions and changing deadlines.
- The ability to manage multiple projects at the same time.
- A track record of being a team player.
- Employer-paid health care
- Unlimited vacation time
- Short term disability
- Stock options
- Casual and diverse workplace
- Free snacks at the office
- Respect for each other and our clients