Front End Team Lead
We are building an artificial intelligence platform to transform the modern workforce right here in St. Louis - and we need an Front End Team Lead to drive Capacity forward. Sound like you? Read on.
We are seeking a Front End Team Lead to join our growing team! The Front End Lead will be expected to enable the team to ship reliable and high quality features in a timely manner. A successful candidate will have the ability to drive technical excellence, pushing innovation and quality while providing developers with the support and guidance they need in order to grow and excel.
- Ensuring development projects are completed according to plan and standards through code reviews
- Collaborating with other Engineering teams, as well as the Product team, to help define features that are robust and follow best practices
- Leading the team: holding regular one on ones, giving context on priorities, communicating with other teams, unblocking projects
- Working with, and maintaining, build tools for the Front End team
- Writing efficient and reusable components in React and Redux
- Building responsive and accessible HTML/CSS
- Maintaining Front End testing frameworks
- Working with RESTful APIs
Capacity team members enjoy the opportunity and benefits of working at an early-stage artificial intelligence startup, but with leaders who’ve worked at places like Apple, Bayer, Answers.com, Oracle, Boeing, and many more world-class companies. The culture at Capacity encourages innovation, independent problem solving, and collaboration as we continue to mature our product in the ever-changing world of AI.
We have great benefits:
- Employer-paid health care
- Stock Options
- Unlimited vacation time
- Short term disability
- Casual and diverse workplace
- Free snacks at the office (when we are in the office)
You are motivated by:
- Quality of Work - You are motivated by doing great work.
- Hard Work - Energized to join a startup and the hours that entails, not a 9-5 job.
- Low Ego - You care about winning, not who gets the credit, and push yourself to challenge your assumptions.
- Being Proactive - You take initiative on your own.
- High Achievement - You keep score.
- Teamwork - Willingness to collaborate.
- Highly proficient in React and Redux, writing efficient and reusable components
- Experience building responsive and accessible HTML/CSS
- Experience with Front end testing frameworks
- Experience working with RESTful APIs
- Proficiency with build tools, version control and Git workflow
Even better if you have:
- Experience leading a dev team
- Proficiency in Python and/or PHP
- Experience building REST APIs
- Experience with Microservices
- Deployment and CI (AWS, Kubernetes, Docker)
- You will report directly to the Director of Engineering as well as have regular interaction with the VP of Product
Come prepared to demonstrate your initiative, intuition and results from whatever you’ve been working on in the past. Tell us what inspires you. Show us what you’ve been up to and we will do the same!